At Impassion, we are your cultural interpreters for the digital world. Our team is made up of technologists, new media professionals, and cultural experts that share a few common values:
1) Transparency – We believe that the power of big data lies in its potential to create a more open world, and we aim for transparency and integrity in our professional conduct as well.
2) Empathy – We are a company that combines big data analysis with good old on-the ground fieldwork, and we strive to remember that ultimately, we work with people, not numbers.
3) Iterative learning – In a field as new as ours, some amount of failure is inevitable. We aim to take smart risks and constantly build upon lessons learned for better and stronger results.
Founded in March 2012, Impassion is incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia, and is currently registering through AISA in Afghanistan. We work across the Middle East, the Asia-Pacific, and East Africa, with the bulk of our work in Afghanistan.
Our mission is to help world-changing organizations increase impact through social media and mobile technology. We combine sophisticated data analysis with local, regional, and cultural expertise to provide new insights into your target audience and create the most effective social and mobile campaigns. We do this through:
1) Ethnographic fieldwork – We conduct deep interviews, participant observation, multi-sited studies, digital/virtual ethnography, and ethnographic triangulation. This immersive approach provides nuanced insights into underlying behaviors and motivations, as well as the best way to engage communities.
2) Social listening – Using proprietary software (in development), we map influence networks, monitor keywords and trends, track the impact of events, and analyze sentiments online and off – all in the target community’s language, providing an accurate, timely overview of social conversations.
3) Mobile tech initiatives – We crowd-source data, run mobile (SMS and IVR)-based campaigns, and conduct mobile-based participatory mapping projects. By leveraging the world’s most widespread communications tool, the mobile phone, we ensure that your campaigns have the widest reach possible.
4) Social media strategy and management – We design social media strategies and campaigns; tailor online messaging; identify the best platforms, including local social networks; and create content for blogs and social networks.
5) Data visualization – Using creative infographics, we present our data in the most accessible, meaningful, and actionable manner for key decision-makers.